Thursday, October 22, 2009

By Recommend....

Dream Deferred
by Langston Hughes

What happens to a dream deferred?
Does it dry up
Like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?
Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.
Or does it just explode?

Ariel recommended this poem to me after my post dream dream dream. Honestly I don't think I could have explained it any better. I wasn't referring to any one dream in particular, but several that had been on my mind. It has given me something to reflect on those dreams that I have put off, put away, or turned away from. Just thought I would share the poem for others that may enjoy something to reflect on as well.

2 comments:

Me said...

its funny because no matter how many times i read that poem, it means something to whats going on in my life :)


love you. it was good to see you tonight.

Patty Fingers said...

Love "Raisin in the Sun" with Sidney Poitier. Title taken from this Poem. Amazing paly and movie!!