Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Learned a lot this weekend

Well the weekend is over, and while it came with some great times, and learning a big part of me is glad that it is over, and that I can move forward.

A friend of mine from CO that I meet through a mutual friend came out for a visit. We have been chatting over e-mail and phone for the last few months, and felt it would be good for us to meet face to face.

In the end, I know I am glad he came out and I believe he is too, but I think I learned more about myself than anything else. :)

At this point we have decided to continue chatting on a regular basis, and look forward to the possibility of me going out to visit there. We are not by any means a couple at this point. We are just getting to know one another, and I like that.

What is more important that I have discovered about myself is that I am stuck in some ruts, and leaning on some excuses in my life that are keeping me from moving forward in several aspects of my life. I need to let go, have some trust and move forward. The issues I find is some of these I have been hanging on to for as long as 6-8 years.

That is right I have issues... but who doesn't. The question is what do I plan to do about it...

Step one I am going to do some real reflection the next few weeks and see where the real root of the issues may be stemming from and start facing some fears.

Oh no worries this is has nothing to do with my relationship issues... those I have been working on already... still single... still not perfect... still okay with that. :)

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

sarbear said...

Gooooood luck!

Katie Curtis said...

Any post that mentions looking into "what it stems from", I'm not jealous of. You know I'm here for you... so is my floor and couch :)

Anonymous said...

love it. isn't learning often "un-learning" like peeling off the layers to get to the core? That's what the whole "personal growth & overcoming issues thing" has been about for me.